Sunday, May 27, 2012

Manchester United Transfer News and Rumours Sunday 27 May

Eden Hazard
Manchester United’s pursuit of Eden Hazard depends on them being able to pay him £155,000 a week, according to The People. The newspaper reports that Lille have accepted offers of 40million euro – £32million – from each of United, Manchester City and Chelsea – and it is now up to the player to decide which of the three Premier League giants he is set to choose.

City have offered Hazard a basic wage of £8million a year – £155,000 a week – and that could rise to as much as £10million a year if Hazard successfully earns a series of bonuses. Hazard is already the highest-paid footballer in France, but the wage he will pick up in the Premier League will dwarf the £77,000 a week he currently earns at Lille.

The 21-year-old Belgian looks set to make up his mind following his country’s friendly with England at Wembley next Saturday and he said this week that minutes on the pitch and where he will play is just as important as any financial factors.
However, after looking out of the running earlier this week when Hazard hinted it was a toss-up between City and Chelsea, the midfielder playmaker could choose United after all. City already have the likes of Samir Nasri, David Silva and Yaya Toure in the playmaker’s role, while United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is looking at Hazard and Borussia Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa, who was the subject this week of a bid of 16million euro (£12.8million) from United and looks more able to offer him time on the pitch.

United Target To Decide After Euros
PSV Eindhoven midfielder Kevin Strootman will decide his future after the European Championships.

The 22-year-old has been linked with United as well as a number of other top sides in Europe despite only moving to PSV from Utrecht last summer along with his team-mate Dries Mertens in a 13million euro deal.

Serie A side Inter Milan are believed to be favourites to secure his signature but Strootman’s agent Chiel Dekker claims that any decision over his future is currently on hold.

“Inter Milan and the player? At the moment there is nothing concrete,” he said.

“Manchester United? The same. Personally, I find it rather difficult for him to leave the club because he only arrived last summer and has a five-year contract.

“The boy is not worried at all and is just focused on his work for Holland. Eventually, after the Euros we will see what might happen.”

QPR Want Fabio
Manchester United defender Fabio da Silva is a loan target for QPR. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said last month that the 21-year-old needs to go out on loan to gain more first-team football and while Portugese side Benfica are said to be interested Rs’ boss Mark Hughes is looking to the youngster to bolster his defensive options next season.

Benfica claim that Fabio had agreed to move to the Lisbon club but he has since performed a U-turn and now wants to remain in the Premier League. The news has alerted Hughes and Fabio could be set for Loftus Road.

No comments: