Monday, May 28, 2012

Hazard to announce transfer decision

Eden Hazard
Lille midfielder Eden Hazard hinted he has reached a decision on which club to join this summer.

The 21-year-old Belgian has been pursued by several clubs and has previously revealed interest from Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.

With his future looking likely to be in the Barclays Premier League, an announcement from Hazard on his future could be imminent.

Today [Monday] he wrote on Twitter: "good afternoon guys. i made up my mind. see you later. thanks"

Hazard enjoyed a stellar season as Lille finished third in Ligue 1 and struck a hat-trick in what was almost certainly his final game for the French outfit.

Andy Cole tips Manchester United to bounce back for new title challenge

Andy Cole has insisted Manchester United will emerge stronger — not weaker — from their Barclays Premier League title misery.

Former Old Trafford favourite Cole dismissed any suggestion United could struggle to get over the agonising manner in which they surrendered the championship to neighbours Manchester City.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson claimed before the epic final day of the season a fortnight ago that City might suffer “untold” damage were they to blow their chance to win a first title since 1968.

Cole insisted United were made of stronger stuff, having almost always bounced back from failing to retain the Premier League by regaining it the following season.

The former England striker was part of the side that famously did so in 1996, having blown it on the final day of the previous campaign in similar circumstances.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Manchester United Transfer News: Red Devils Must Secure Phenom Nick Powell

Nick Powell
With 18-year-old star Nick Powell set to make his last appearance for Crewe Alexandra on Sunday, news continues to heat up regarding where he may transfer. There is no question that the current leader in the clubhouse appears to be Manchester United.

According to Neil Moxley of the Daily Mail, the Red Devils are prepared to offer the up-and-coming midfielder a $4 million deal as early as next week. Alexandra hasn't been beaten in 18 straight English League Two contests, and Powell is a big reason for that.

Crewe only finished seventh in the regular-season standings thanks to a rocky beginning to the year, but Powell has been absolutely fantastic as of late in leading them to the league final against Cheltenham. Powell's 14 goals on the season lead Crewe by a large margin, while his seven assists are third on the squad as well.

Ryan Giggs sure Man Utd will win back their Premier League crown

Ryan Giggs
Ryan Giggs is convinced Manchester United will win back their Premier League title from derby rivals Manchester City next season.

United missed out on a 20th top-flight title after City completed a dramatic 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers on the final day of the season, winning the Premier League crown on goal difference ahead of their derby rivals.

Giggs, who has won the title on 13 occasions, pointed to the Red Devils past triumphs in the face of adversity, and the veteran midfielder insisted United would come back stronger in August.

“So it’s disappointing to have been so near but then again, there are so many positives to take out of the season as well,” Giggs told United’s website.

Berbatov: Man Utd's loss, PSG's gain

Dimitar Berbatov
Dimitar Berbatov is set to leave Old Trafford despite Manchester United having activated a one-year extension to their record signing’s contract in the past couple of months.

However, they are willing to listen to offers for the £30.75 million Bulgarian forward, 31, and PSG- bossed by ex-Chelsea chief Carlo Ancelotti - are leading the chase, according to The Sun.

Berbatov’s agent Emil Danchev said: “PSG’s project can really interest him because he wants to play in the Champions League next year.

“Plus, there has never been a Bulgarian player at PSG, so it could be good.”

Manchester United Transfer News and Rumours Sunday 27 May

Eden Hazard
Manchester United’s pursuit of Eden Hazard depends on them being able to pay him £155,000 a week, according to The People. The newspaper reports that Lille have accepted offers of 40million euro – £32million – from each of United, Manchester City and Chelsea – and it is now up to the player to decide which of the three Premier League giants he is set to choose.

City have offered Hazard a basic wage of £8million a year – £155,000 a week – and that could rise to as much as £10million a year if Hazard successfully earns a series of bonuses. Hazard is already the highest-paid footballer in France, but the wage he will pick up in the Premier League will dwarf the £77,000 a week he currently earns at Lille.

The 21-year-old Belgian looks set to make up his mind following his country’s friendly with England at Wembley next Saturday and he said this week that minutes on the pitch and where he will play is just as important as any financial factors.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Manchester United close in on midfield duo Kagawa and Hazard


Shinji Kagawa

Manchester United are set to make an improved offer of £13m for Shinji Kagawa.
The Borussia Dortmund midfielder has one year left on his contract but Sir Alex Ferguson wants to land him.

United are also confident Eden Hazard will choose to move Old Trafford this summer.

Manchester City and Chelsea are also fighting for Hazard's signature but the Belgian winger has confirmed that his choice will ultimately be governed by regularly he will be a starter. 

He told Belgian news website HLN: 'I do not know when I'll make a decision about my future club.

Manchester United Club Focus - Ferdinand England exclusion to benefit United

Rio Ferdinand
As England's Euro 2012 squad was put through its paces for the first time under Roy Hodgson, Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand was thousands of miles away in Thailand, possibly at the end of his international career.

It was a bold decision to leave out the experienced defender, who acknowledged his disappointment at the situation. It seems that his falling out with John Terry over the alleged racial abuse of his brother Anton has cost Ferdinand his place at Euro 2012 and the chance to add to his 81 caps, although Hodgson insists the decision was purely a football one.

The controversial move to drop the Manchester United centre back may have been aimed at keeping peace within the squad. However there will surely still be divisions thanks to the Ferdinand-shaped hole that will exist in Poland and Ukraine. The best way of avoiding dissension would arguably have been omitting Terry. The Chelsea captain should be considered innocent until proven guilty, but Ferdinand can only be considered innocent in this situation.

Arsenal, Manchester United & Tottenham make enquiries to sign Dembele

Moussa Dembele
Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham have all made enquiries for Moussa Dembele, Goal.com can reveal.

The three clubs have registered their interest in the Fulham attacking midfielder through third parties in the last two weeks.

The London club are expecting bids imminently for their prize asset, who they value between £12-15 million.

The interest is believed to be strongest from Spurs, although Dembele would prefer to move to a team who will play in the Champions League next season.

Manchester City and Chelsea have cooled their interest in the Belgian, who has only a year remaining on his contract.

Man Utd to win race to sign Eden Hazard after agreeing five-year deal - report

Eden Hazard (left)
Manchester United will reportedly beat Chelsea and Manchester City in the race to sign Lille playmaker Eden Hazard.

Hazard has already confirmed he will move to the Premier League this summer and is widely expected to join either Chelsea, Manchester City, or Manchester United, despite reports on Thursday morning suggesting Arsenal were showing interest (see Related Articles).

His agent has confirmed that personal terms with Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs have already been agreed, with a decision set to be made after the Belgium international plays for his country against England on June 2nd.

And according to reports in France, United are set to win the race to sign the £30million-rated 21-year-old.

Manchester United lodges 17m euro bid for Kagawa

Shinji Kagawa
Manchester United has made its first move to sign Shinji Kagawa, by lodging a 17 million euro (13.6m pound) bid for the Borussia Dortmund star.

The Premier League giant has been pressed into action after being made aware last week of growing interest in the attacking midfielder from Arsenal.

Reports emerged in Germany on Thursday that United had made a move for Kagawa and sources have confirmed to Goal.com that the club has made a formal bid for the Japan international.

United is believed to be hopeful of wrapping up a quick deal but it is understood that Arsenal's interest remains strong and the Londoners could also submit an offer for a key figure in Dortmund's back-to-back league titles.

United Linked With Lavezzi

Ezequiel Lavezzi
Manchester United are being linked with interest in Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

According to Il Giornale di Napoli, the Red Devils are ready to put in a bid for the 27-year-old Argentine who scored 11 goals in 42 games for Napoli this season and has caught the eye of a number of top European clubs.

Lavezzi wants to leave Napoli after five years with the Serie A side but the 31million euro (£25million) release clause in his contract is likely to prove a stumbling block.

Michu hints he's ready to join Manchester United or Liverpool

Michu (left)
Rayo Vallecano midfielder Michu has issued a come and get me plea to Premier League giants Manchester United and Liverpool, after admitting he’d be willing to quit the Spanish side.

Michu, 26, was the highest scoring midfielder in La Liga last season with 17 goals in 39 games, and morning reports claimed north-west rivals United and Liverpool were both interested in securing his services.

Now the in-demand Spaniard claims he’d be ready to join one of the Premier League’s leading lights, should they meet his club’s £8million valuation.

'If a good offer arrives for Rayo and me I will study leaving,' Michu told reporters in Oviedo.

Giggs hails Manchester United's form against London clubs

Ryan Giggs
Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has praised his side for their form against London clubs last season, after seeing the Red Devils keep a near-perfect record against the teams from the capital.

The 3-3 draw against Chelsea on February 5 was the only occasion when United did not take full points from their 10 games against London-based teams in the Premier League, and the Welshman noted that success as a key part of their title challenge, which lasted until the final day of the season.

He also singled out the 8-2 victory over Arsenal in August as one of the highlights of the campaign, adding that such an emphatic win over rivals is always special.

AmaZulu to face Man United

AmaZulu are closing in on a deal that could see them play English Premier League side Manchester United in Durban in July.

Usuthu are set to battle the 19-time English Premiership champions at Moses Mabhida Stadium on July 18 in a once-off friendly, pending the negotiations.

Bebe heading back to Old Trafford after loan spell at Besiktas

Bebe
Manchester United are expecting £7.4million flop Bebe back for pre-season training following the Portuguese winger’s ill-fated spell in Turkey.

United loaned the 21-year-old to Besiktas last summer and were hoping it might lead to a permanent deal.

But Bebe tore the cruciate ligament in his knee and was then fined by coach Tayfur Havutcu and ordered to train with the reserves on his return to fitness after he broke a club curfew by going to a nightclub before last month’s game against Galatasaray.

La Liga star Michu could Manchester United’s secret weapon next season

Michu
Sir Alex Ferguson’s inability to secure a prominent midfielder in his squad is probably the reason why Manchester United lost the 2011-12 season to archrivals Manchester City. The Eastlands not only won their first Premier League title in 44 years but they also established themselves as the latest football powerhouse in Europe.

Now that the season has ended, fans and media have started to question Sir Alex Ferguson’s abilities as the manager of Manchester United. Well, let’s not get too hasty and kick off the legendary Scotsman from the hot seat at Old Trafford. However, one thing is for sure – Sir Alex Ferguson will have to make some serious adjustments to his squad this summer… starting with the midfield.

Manchester United is in dire need of a new centre midfielder. Manchester City’s Yaya Toure had an exceptional season with the Eastlands. It was his impressive form that made the difference for Manchester City last season. Sir Alex Ferguson clearly needs a player in his mould, but that will not be easy to obtain.

Man Utd join Arsenal FC in race to sign Olivier Giroud - report

Olivier Giroud
Manchester United are reportedly keen on signing Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, who has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool.

The 25-year-old has been linked with Arsenal and Liverpool throughout the year, with both Premier League clubs sending scouts to watch him in action in Ligue 1 throughout the season.

But United are believed to be keen on bringing in a new forward this summer as Michael Owen will leave the club, and Dimitar Berbatov is also likely to leave Old Trafford, and according to Caughtoffside.com, manager Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to meet Montpellier's asking price for the in-form forward.

Earlier this year, reports in France had suggested Montpellier had raised the value of Giroud's release clause to €16million (from €10m), after learning of interest from Arsenal.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fabio da Silva leads Manchester United's loanees on a voyage of self-improvement

Fabio da Silva
Fabio da Silva is on the verge of signing for Benfica on a season-long loan deal.

United’s Brazilian left-back is being farmed out to gain further experience with the Lisbon club expected to win the battle in Portugal to land him for a campaign, though their domestic rivals Sporting also keen.

The player’s mother has been in the Portuguese capital checking out his potential new home in readiness for her son’s temporary switch.

Consistent Reds skipper Patrice Evra has blocked the 21-year-old’s path to the senior team, while Fabio’s twin brother Rafael has had more joy in the right-back berth.

Phil Jones confident Manchester United will bounce back next season

Phil Jones
Manchester United defender Phil Jones is hoping to bounce back from narrowly losing out to local rivals Manchester City in the Premier League title race by regaining the trophy next season.

The 20-year-old thought that the Red Devils had done enough to win the title in dramatic fashion before City's late comeback to beat QPR saw them finish first, and the youngster is looking to build on the experience.

"It was mixed feelings at the final whistle," Jones told the club's official website. "I thought we'd pulled off the impossible at first, we thought QPR had done us a massive favour with a difficult task of going to the Etihad [Stadium]. But then City scored two goals in quick succession and that killed us.

"I'll take that on board with what I've learned this season. It's been a massive learning curve for me and I've played a lot of games this season and I've really enjoyed playing."